Thursday, August 17, 2017

It's been a while...

Hi! It's been a while since I posted on this blog, but I have not been idle. I have ramped up my painting since completing my Degree in Fine art ad Visual Culture in 2016, and have been working on a couple of projects.
The big one is what I am calling 'Looking Up'. How often do we walk around looking at either the ground or at eye level? How often do we just stand and look up? I have been doing a lot of looking up lately, mostly into the canopies of our magnificent Australian trees. Standing at the base, close to the trunk, looking up into the canopy, one can really appreciate the way these trees grow and spread towards the sun.
Over the next few posts I will include images of the paintings I have created that focus on this idea. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I have enjoyed painting them.
Here's one to start with:

This one is called simply "Canopy", it is 101x76cm, acrylics on canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi to you too!
    It has been a while!
    And you are certainly back with a "bang"! This is a wonderful painting. The gradation of the light from bottom to top of your composition works so well. The negative shapes formed by the branching of the tree's limbs in their rhythmic flow are so beautiful.
    So good to have you posting again. Keep "Looking Up" as I look forward to seeing what comes next.
    Your blog friend
    Steven

    ReplyDelete